Translate

Monday 15 October 2012

The first day is the hardest

I have finally moved to Paris. My parents and I came over on Wednesday and spent the weekend doing touristy things, watching my mum get confused as to where is where and make us walk around for no reason.
This is a picture of the louvre I gone taken


I've anxious about this whole year abroad thing and still am a bit but I guess it just takes time to settle down. Yesterday I moved into the hostel but for some reason it already feels like a home and that I've been here for ages. Its big with bunk beds, a sink and a tv. In the distance, if you really really squint you can also see the top of the Eiffel Tower which is nice late at night. The best part of it all is that I've found a French replacement for Geordie Shore!!! It's called Les Chilis and they're in Mykonos but this is the 3rd series so I've got some catching up to do.
Today was my first day of work. I can safely say that I have no fucking clue about what to do but I'm sure I'll learn. For the first week or 2 all I have to do is check people in which is complex but I think I can do. My French is piss poor so I'm gonna really really really need to work on that. Hopefully watching TV will help. Bless Julien, he spoke in English the whole of today for me cos he could see how baffled I was by the whole thing but tomorrow he said he's going to start speaking in French to me.  I work 9-5 Monday to Friday which is nice cos I get the weekends off so people can come and visit. Once the first month is out of the way I'm sure my French will be so much better. Hopefully it'll fly by as well! 
Tonight Poppy, Helena and I (all the English girls) are going out for a drink which feels much needed at this point. Whats the chances I'll get so drunk I'll have the worst hangover ever for tomorrow at work. OH WELL!
Stay tuned kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment